Welcome to the first week of craziness for several designers and bloggers who lose sleep and have more gray hair after working on their space transformations. The One Room Challenge started several years ago that involves designers and bloggers transforming a space in 6 weeks. Thanks to Linda from Calling it Home who is responsible for all this madness.
This will be my second time participating. My first time participating I redid my Workout Room a couple years ago where I transformed my small workout space. Now we are in a different house with a new space to take on. I love taking part in this challenge and it gives me the kick in the pants to get er done! Woohoo!
So lets get started!
Welcome to the way before shots of the kitchen nook. Sorry I have no affiliate link for the wallpaper or the valances 😉
We really had to look past the cosmetics of this house when we bought it. We knocked down several walls, removed the popcorn ceilings, added new hardwood floors, and did a whole kitchen remodel.
As you can see we added a kitchen island to the space.
*This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Stencil brick to the bay area window wall
- Add trim to the windows
- Add white shiplap to the remaining wall
- Industrial hanging pendant light
- Buy or DIY counter height stools
- Window treatments – considering canvas roman shades buy or DIY
- Accessorize – tray, artificial plant, small kitchen sign for counters, DIY signs on overhang, salt and pepper shaker holder.
- Some extras if time and budget allows – corbels under the overhang of the counter, siding for the cabinets and a new back door
I am super excited to get started. I hope you will follow along with me and over 200 other bloggers as we transform our spaces over the next 6 weeks.