We have made it to Week 3 of the One Room Challenge! If you haven’t heard of the ORC this is a challenge that happens twice a year that a couple hundred or so bloggers participate in to transform a room in 6 weeks. For this round of ORC I am remodeling my Home Gym. Thank you to Linda from Calling it Home who is the host of this challenge.
Here is where this project initially started, Yikes.Over the last week I was able to:
- finish the window trim
- install two large mirrors
- complete one wall of shiplap
We are now halfway through this challenge and although I feel like I have gotten a lot completed there is still much to do. Plus we are out of town for a few days this week, which puts a little more stress on completing this.
Here is where the list stands:
Home Gym Wish List
Remove and replace window trim Install a faux whitewashed brick wall
- Install shiplap, stain and paint
Install large mirrorswith wooden beveled frame
- Build a weight rack
- Add gym flooring
- Add the Ballet Barre
- Mat holder
- Bosu ball holder
- Workout ball holder
- Workout Schedule calendar (hopefully I will be able to incorporate this Chalkboard Workout Calendar into the room)
- Buy and install a fan
- Towel hooks
- Large rustic DIY personalized gym sign
- Anchor wall (use this for exercising with bands)
- Shelves for storing, books, DVDs, other knick knacks
- Other wall art and decor
Wow it seems like I have soooo much more to do. Keeping my fingers crossed for progress.
Also please take some time to check out rooms other bloggers will be transforming.
Dream it, Do it,