We are in Week two of the Moody Master Bathroom Remodel. Its Demo Week.
Welcome to week two of the One Room Challenge (ORC) for Spring 2019!
ORC is a challenge for several designers and bloggers to makeover one room in six weeks. We are in week two and for us that means DEMO week. We brought most of the room down to the studs. We will be taking care of what lies behind the walls and under the floor… AKA plumbing and electrical. The shower niches were also framed in and the cement shower floor installed.
Sorry no fancy pants pictures to show you this week. The bathroom is just studley isn’t she…he?Bye bye tile!Here
is was the shower.
Cement shower floor installed. Plumbing
Plumbing had to be rerouted for:
- The freestanding tub, tub faucet and drain
- One vanity as the current plumbing was above the floorboards
- Raising the shower head and recentering the shower head and faucet as we were able to widen the shower a few inches
Here you can see the opening in the floor and the tub faucet installed. The framing for the shower niches is also in place. Electrical
The electrical was reran for:
- Several light switches to relocate them inside the bathroom instead of outside the bathroom
- An extra electrical outlet
- Raising the vanity lights a few inches
Electrical outlets were also added behind the vanities to connect to a power strip located inside the vanities.
We were fortunate enough to not have any issues with the demo or surprises behind the drywall. Sorry no drama to add like in the home improvement shows.
Stay tuned next week for further progress on the space!